Sunday, February 25, 2007
Momentum Growing for the Encampment to Stop the War

Troops Out Now Coalition


ENCAMPMENT TO
STOP THE WAR

In Washington DC
Beginning March 12

In the past few days, we have been contacted by thousands of people from all over the country promising to come to Washington and STAY to stop the war. Here is what some have said:


I would like to be involved in a direct manner, I have nothing in my life I believe to be more important than taking back control of our country from the hands corruption and corperations, and returning it to its rightful owners, let me know what I can do from here!
I support you guys 110% on what you guys are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Cesar Paz, Las Cruces, NM

Up to now, antiwar demonstrations have produced no results. By having demonstrators stay at the site of Congress until it cuts off funding just might work.
I'll volunteer as much time as possible at the local level and I hope to be able to come to Washington on March
-Paul McDowell, Santa Barbara City College, CA

I will be there to stay with my tent and my friend too
- Tamara St Clair, Ann Arbor MI

I'm going and will stay
- Tighe Barry, Santa Monica, CA

Looking forward to setting up my tent on the lawn
- Joe Dwyer Clearspring MD


Let us emulate the example of our colleagues in Oaxaca,
- Cecil Pineda, Oakland, CA

DON'T drop this ball, no matter the opinions of the big peace groups. They haven't been willing to put out this kind of call and I firmly believe it is the only thing that will work. We can do this if we unite.
- Beverly Wiskow, Peace Now Citrus County, Inverness FL
Let's shut down Washington!Our votes don't matter,so it's time for mass civil disobedience.It's the only way we can stop this war.
- David Cutler, Boston MA


Labels: , ,

posted by Stop War @ 11:03 AM  
Donate!
If you can't join us at the Encampment - you can still be a part of this mobilzation to Stop the War at Home and Abroad. Please consider making a generous donation to help cover the costs of transportation, food, tents, sound equipment, and much more. You can donate online donate online at http://troopsoutnow.org/donate.shtml.

Troops Out Now Website

Encampment to Stop the War blog

Youth and Students

The Troops Out Now Coalition


Previous Post
SEPT 22 - 29

It's time to move from Protest to Resistance:

SEPT 22- 29: Encampment in Washington DC & March on the White House

SEPT 29: National March on from the Capitol to the White House

Links
Templates by
Free Blogger Templates